Feelings I have had these last 12 days:
- Overwhelming Joy- I have never been happier
- Pride- I have the coolest, prettiest, sweetest baby around!
- Fear- Shes choking, it looks like it hurts to poop, is she gaining weight
- Confusion-Am I doing this right, is she OK, will she be a decent person
- Happiness- just looking at her face and that little gas smile brings me to tears (joyful ones)
- Love- For my little girl, for my husband
- Panic- No, seriously why is she crying...we changed her, fed her, held her....is she just ticked? Does she have some unknown ailment?
- Exhaustion- Day 12 with an average of 3-4 hours of sleep a day. If you know me, you know how serious I am about sleeping. Plus, how many times does a baby need to eat and be changed?!?! A LOT.
Things I have done these last few days:
- Cry- Oh boy, I have cried so much. Over bring happy, sad, sleepy, and scared. Just when I think I am back to normal it hits me again. That TV show played a song about loving your kids and now I am going to be weepy all day!
- Laugh- She is so funny with her faces and her bodily functions. Sometimes she looks like Mr. Magoo when she is eating.
- Change Diapers- yuck.
- Feed baby- The most amazing thing. The most frustrating thing. Depends on her mood. Sometimes its peaceful and I get to admire how sweet my baby is, sometimes it's a fight because she is ticked it's not happening fast enough. There are flailing arms and creepy grunts that seem to say "give me what I want now lady!"
- Sit- not much else to do around your house
- Shower- Have become my new best friend. Peace. Quiet. Fresh Smells.
- Watch TV- I need to get a good book series. Maybe it's time to finally read The Lord of the Rings. I have always wanted to. Now I have countless hours to do so.
- Cry- Like I said...
- Smile- Sweet baby
Things Cora has done the last few days:
- Stare at me (ahhh)
I can't believe how much I love this little girl. I also love to see Brian so obsessed with her too. It's true what they say about how you will love your husband so much more after having a baby. I love to watch him kiss her and tell her how much he loves her.